Monday, February 04, 2008

Geography Quiz

Take the European geography quiz. It's great fun! You may want to double click on the map below to do some revision first. I came unstuck (badly) with some of the new countries which replaced the former Yugoslavia and USSR*. Be sure and leave a comment with your score!

Found another fun quiz here



Once you have mastered the countries, test your knowledge of the capital cities.

*Fifteen new countries became independent with the dissolution of the USSR in 1991. Most of these countries declared independence a few months preceding the fall of the Soviet Union in late 1991.

  1. Azerbaijan
  2. Belarus
  3. Estonia
  4. Georgia
  5. Kazakhstan
  6. Kyrgyzstan
  7. Latvia
  8. Lithuania
  9. Moldova
  10. Russia
  11. Tajikistan
  12. Turkmenistan

Yugoslavia dissolved in the early 1990s into five independent countries.

  1. Bosnia and Herzegovina, February 29, 1992
  2. Croatia, June 25, 1991
  3. Macedonia (officially The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia) declared independence on September 8, 1991 but wasn't recognized by the United Nations until 1993 and the United States and Russia in February of 1994
  4. Serbia and Montenegro, (also known as the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia), April 17, 1992 (see below for separate Serbia and Montenegro entries)
  5. Slovenia, June 25, 1991

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link! I like this website and I will test my memory later on the Quiz. Did you see the post that I did yesterday?
From Bethany

Anonymous said...

Hello Mom, I did the capitals quiz and my score was 30. Thanks for awardind me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mum, I liked the quiz. My score was 24. Oh dear.
From Bethany

Anonymous said...

I took the first quiz and scored 75 out of 138. I definitely need to brush up on my European geography!